Now the home buyers expects energy efficient home to save their day to day money. Mayfair prides itself in producing the most energy efficient home possible. We offer Energy Efficient Design with many features as standard that meets or exceeds current Energy Star, LEED, and Green Building Standards.
Mayfair green building construction means less home owners headaches. Indoor construction in a controlled environment means exterior finishes are completed last, instead of first. We can build your new home with ICF, the opposite of conventional outdoor construction. What this means to you is that the building envelope of your new home can be fabricated to be super energy efficient. This just comes standard with Mayfair homes and their construction process. Increased insulation, better sealants, and the use of advanced materials are just a few of the reasons to decide on the worry free benefits of Mayfair homes for your new custom home.
We design and build a new custom home optimizing home energy efficiency requires a complete house systems approach with the team of building professionals consider all the variables, details, and interactions that affect energy use in your home. In addition to occupant behavior, site conditions, and climate, these include:
- Appliances and home electronics
- Insulation and air sealing
- Lighting and day lighting
- Space heating and cooling
- Water heating
To make sure these essential features we observe the following points.
- We do design energy auditor of windows, doors, and skylights to use the Home Energy Score, which provides a rating of your home efficiency. We also make a list of improvements and potential savings.
- Ultra efficient homes combine state of the art energy efficient construction, appliances, and lighting with commercially available renewable energy systems, such as solar water heating and solar electricity. By taking advantage of local climate and site conditions we can incorporate passive solar heating and cooling and energy efficient landscaping strategies. The intent is to reduce home energy use as cost effectively as possible. It meets the reduced load with onsite renewable energy systems.
- We consider using value engineering in house framing which reduces lumber use and waste and improves energy efficiency in a wood framed house.
- We also use Insulated Concrete Forms (ICFs) foundation forms remain in place and provide insulation on each side of the concrete. In this way home transfer of all loads throughout a building into the ground. It acts to anchor the buildings structure in case of earthquakes and high winds.
- Our recommendation also include the cool roofs use highly reflective materials to reflect more light and absorb less heat from sunlight, which keeps homes cooler during hot weather.
- Passive solar home design takes advantage of climatic and site conditions to provide heating in the winter and cooling in the summer.