A common question most of our customers asked before the start is how long does it take to build their home? So our answer is it depend on the completion of various phases and cash flow. And in that way, we provide the home construction schedule to our customers without any unpredictable surprise.
When you are told by a home building contractor, “I’ll be there on Monday morning” what does this really mean? Nobody know. But on the other hand, our customers can easily calculate their cost, budget, and risk and this thing saving them from any unpredictable challenge. The home construction schedule gives them a time frame about the project stages and payment schedules. Besides the unplanned practice that can affect the progress of a home building project, Mayfair homes make the home construction schedules in order to gain access to draw money on time. So that we are able to finish the project on time and pay our subcontractors and suppliers in a timely manner.
This win-win exercise builds our customers’ confidence and comfort level and they can easily check out that either we are on schedule or not. On the other hand, it’s easier for us to ask for payment for the work done without any surprise. The home construction process also save us from weather severity and give us an idea for a good time to start the work and build the work break down structure.
Mayfair homes usually take 9 to 12 months to build a home from start to finish. While a larger house, with more details and options, fancier finishes, custom features and more involvement by owners may take more time to complete.
Here’s a list of questions to consider when the home construction schedule by running:
- When will the building permit be expected to issue for construction?
- Does a complete set of specifications exist to accompany with drawings?
- Are house dimensions established on-site by a surveyor?
- Do you comply with the zoning by-law and building codes?
- Do front, rear yard and both side dimensions conform to setback requirements?
- Do you apply for a minor variance to the committee of adjustment?
- Did you ask the utility companies to verify all utility locations?
- Will electrician and plumber coordinate and install temporary services?
- Is demolition or clearing required prior to excavation?
- Does your landscape design include stormwater control?
- Is final grade has established prior to excavation so elevations can be set?
- Is a soil test required for a foundation design by a structural engineer?
- Does your excavation/ foundation site layout need level and grading?
- Is the framing contractor order lumber package in a “phased” delivery?
- Are exterior windows and doors ordered so they can be set during framing?
- Who is responsible for arranging inspections by city inspectors?
- Do the mechanical systems require roof penetrations?
- Did you schedule masonry or fireplace installation?
- Did you comply with the fire department codes?
- When will mechanical contractors meet on-site with a framing contractor?
- How soon can the roof covering be installed?
- When will the exterior decks, siding, and trim be installed?
- Are there conflicts between plumbing/ heating layout and structural elements?
- Did you meet with the electrician to discuss the outlet, switch, and fixture layout?
- Will the cabinet supplier, visit the site to confirm all dimensions?
- When will the millwork and interior door supplier, visit the site to confirm the layout?
- Prior to insulation installation will you do a video recording of rough-in?
- When will the septic or sewer installation be installed and inspected?
- Does the exterior trim and siding ready for paint and/or stain?
- Are floor coverings specified and ordered for installation?
- When will the weatherization package by insulation contractor be installed?
- Are wall, ceiling, and floor insulation scheduled?
- Is ample time allowed to hang, tape, finish, and seal drywall?
- When will the painter complete interior wall coverings?
- Will appliances suppliers warehouse your order until you’re ready for delivery?
- Can the landscape be installed during trim package installation?
- Are you ready to install sidewalks, patios, and driveway?
- When will you take the delivery of cabinets and interior trim package?
- Are your punch list items completed?
- Who will perform the final cleaning of the house?
For Mayfair homes, dialog and collaboration are the keys to creating a reliable home construction schedule.
Visit Here for Related Post: Custom Home Builders Toronto, Luxury Custom Home Builders Toronto, Construction Management Companies in Toronto, Home Renovations Toronto, Custom Home Builders Scarborough, Custom Home Builders Mississauga, Custom Home Builders North York, Custom Home Builders Richmond Hill.